Last modified: 2020-07-31 by rob raeside
Keywords: or yehuda | iriyat or yehuda |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
photo by Dov Gutterman
Or Yehuda (meaning light of Juda, after Yehuda
Elkalai of Sarajevo, one of the fathers
of Religious Zionism in the 19th Century) is situated between
Tel-Aviv and Ben Gurion Int'l Airport. 28,000 inh., founded 1949.
Or Yehuda is covered with flags. The unofficial municipal flag is
a horizontal wavy triband, light blue-white-orange with emblem in
orange, white and green on the center of the upper two stripes.
Inscription in white over green on the bottom stripe. The
municipal emblem was published in the official gazette (Rashumot,
Yalkut ha-Pirsumim), YP 1382, 3 August 1967, for the then
Local Council Or Yehuda, replacing a previous one (YP 633, 13
November 1958) however the municipal
webpage shown a different emblem altogether.
Or Yehuda became a municipality in 1988.
Sources: author's own observation, 29 September 2001.
Dov Gutterman, 8 October 2001 and 5 April 2005