Last modified: 2014-07-19 by rob raeside
Keywords: royal clyde yacht club | blue ensign |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Plain Blue Ensign granted 27 January 1857.
Requested title ‘Royal’, 26 November 1870.
Request was refused in January 1871, but approved 15 December 1871.
[National Archives HO 45/9295/8624]
David Prothero, 2 July 2014
image by Clay Moss, 1 July 2014
The Dumpy Book of Ships and the Sea (1957)
shows the burgee blue, with the shield from the Scottish arms (or, a lion
rampant gules within a bordure of the second) surmounted by a crown.
James Dignan, 12 February 2008
This club continues merged as Royal Northern and Clyde Yacht Club.
Peter Hans van den Muijzenberg, 11 April 2013