Last modified: 2020-07-13 by ivan sache
Keywords: art |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Flag of Arts & Technè - Image by Ivan Sache, 1 April 2020
The Arts & Technè exhibition was organized from 5 to 28 September 2016 by IUT (Institut Universitaire de Technologie) Nancy-Brabois - a component of Université de Lorraine - to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the institute.
Associating art and innovation, the exhibition was co-organized and s
- the ABC Syringe (A Behaviour Changing Syringe), invented in 2014 by Pr David Swann (University of Huddersfield). The color of the syringe's body turns to bright red when exposed to air, thus preventing the re-use of non-sterilized syringes.
- the In Moov robot and articulated hand, invented in 2012 by Gaël Langevin, as an opensource design totally 3D-printed.
- the Mine Kafon demining drone, invented in 2014 by Massoud Hassani, an Afghani-born designer living in the Netherlands. Shaped like a dandelion infrutescence and designed after children's toys, the drone detects antipersonal mines and let them explode (kafon means "to explode" in Dari).
[Exhibition's guide, Evok Design]
The flag of Arts & Technè (photo) features the black and white emblem of the exhibition, which portrays Mona Lisa - a straightforward reference to Leonardo Da Vinci's combination of artistic and technical skills -, and the logos of the hosting institution on top, left, Université de Lorraine, right, IUT Nancy-Brabois.
The logo of Université de Lorraine is composed of:
- the isotype. "U" for "Université" and "UL" for "Université de Lorraine" recalls dialogue (as a quotation mark), creation, innovation... The two merged elements create a new one.
- "Université de Lorraine", in a modern and powerful typography that emphasizes the significance of Université de Lorraine and mirrors the isotype.
The yellow color is prescribed as:
The typeface is Trade Gothic LT.
Ivan Sache, 1 April 2020