Last modified: 2010-10-30 by jarig bakker
Keywords: landkreis schweinfurt | schweinfurt county | coat of arms (eagle: black) | coat of arms: base (per fess dancetty) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Coat-of-arms adopted 14 June 1962, flag adopted 6 April 1988
Black-yellow-red stripes, adopted 06.04.1988. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 10 October 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on June 14, 1962.
The imperial eagle refers to the former Imperial city of Schweinfurt, and its possessions in the county. Most of these areas did not become part of Bavaria prior to 1814. The base of the arms shows the arms of the State of Würzburg, as the bishops of Würzburg ruled a large part of the district until 1803.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972, Linder and Olzog 1996.
Santiago Dotor, 29 January 2004