Last modified: 2010-10-30 by jarig bakker
Keywords: landkreis pfarrkirchen | pfarrkirchen county | pfarrkirchen in rottal | coat of arms (horse: red) | coat of arms (bar: wavy) | coat of arms (bar: blue) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Stefan Schwoon
Flag and coat-of-arms adopted 5th September 1961, abolished 30th June 1972
Red-yellow-blue, adopted 05.09.1961. The county was merged with Eggenfelden to form Rottal-Inn county. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964-1972.
Stefan Schwoon, 31 July 2001
From Ralf Hartemink's International Civic Arms website:
The arms were granted on September 5, 1961. The area is well known for its horses and horse-breeding. In 1896 a racing track was founded in the district, the oldest in the southern part of Germany. The horse was thus chosen as an appropriate symbol for the district. The wavy bar symbolises the Rott river.
Literature: Stadler 1964-1972.
Santiago Dotor, 1 July 2003