Last modified: 2017-11-11 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: augsburg county | schwabmuenchen county | chief | cross(formy) | fleur de lis | lozengy(white-blue) |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Red-yellow stripes, 15.05.1975. The former Augsburg county was enlarged during the 1972 municipal reform with Schwabmünchen county and parts of Wertingen and Neuburg. The name of the new counry was Augsburg West from 1972 until 1973. Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Linder and Olzog 1996.
Stefan Schwoon, 22 Aug and 15 Oct 2001
The new coat of arms was approved on 15 May 1975 and is more or less the coat of arms of Schwabmünchen County, though the chief was replaced by that one of the former arms of Augsburg County. Those arms also contained a fleur de lis, but in inverted tinctures.
Source: Linder and Olzog 1996
Santiago Dotor, 5 Feb 2004
Blue-white-red. The county was enlarged during the 1972 municipal reform by Schwabmünchen county and parts of Wertingen and Neuburg.
Source: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964, p.14
Stefan Schwoon, 22 Aug 2001
The coat of arms was approved on 25 May 1955. The arms are combination of those of three important land owners in the past. In the chief are the arms of the monastery of Augsburg - divided per pale into red and silver - The fleur de lis is taken from the arms of the Fugger family. The third field shows the arms of the former Austrian Margraviate of Burgau - sinister bendy of silver and red, superimposed by a golden pale - derived from the arms of the Margraves of Berg and Burgau, representing the district (Amt) of Zusmarshausen.
Literature: Stadler 1964, p.14
Santiago Dotor, 30 July 2003
Red-yellow with arms in a white bannerhead. Became a part of Augsburg county during the 1972 municipal reform.
Sources: Linder and Schmidt 2000, arms image from Stadler 1964, p.81
Stefan Schwoon, 28 Aug 2001
The coat of arms was approved on 11 October 1957. The chief displays the arms of Bavaria and reminds on the fact that the Schwabegg Estate was the first part of the county to become part of Bavaria in 1269. The cross is the cross of St. Ulrich. In the battle of the Lechfeld in 955 Ulrich, Bishop of Augsburg, defeated the Hungarian invaders. The colours red and silver are the colours of the Bishopric of Augsburg. The fleur de lis is taken from the famous Fugger family, who originated from the village of Graben in the county.
Source: Stadler 1964, p.81
Santiago Dotor, 31 July 2003
back to Bavarian District, County and Municipal Flags Index page click here