Last modified: 2019-05-20 by zoltán horváth
Keywords: education |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Ivan Sache, 28 March 2016
Colegio Militar Almirante Padilla (CMAP) is based in Soacha (Cundinamarca).
The institute is named for Admiral José Prudencio Padilla López (1784-1828), hero of the independence of Gran Colombia from Spain and founder of the Navy of Gran Colombia. Under his guidance, the Colombian Navy won its first battle in Tolù (1815) and the decisive battle of Lake Maracaibo (24 July 1823). Allegedly involved in the September Plot against Simon Bolívar (25 September 1828), Padilla was sentenced to death and shot. The admiral was officially rehabilitated in 1831 as an "innocent victim of tyranny".
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided white-blue. The colours represent purity and the universe, respectively.
Source: Institute blog
Ivan Sache, 28 March 2016
image by Ivan Sache, 12 August 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 12 August 2014
Institución Educativa Almirante Padilla (INEALPA) was established in February
1943 in Riohacha (La Guajira Department), as as Departmental institute. This was
the first educational institute established in La Guajira. The institute was
nationalized by Law No. 20 of 23 November 1947. The institute is named for
Admiral José Prudencio Padilla López (1784-1828), who obtained on 1 December
1821 the surrender of the Spanish garrison of Cartagena and defeated the Spanish
troops on 24 July 1823 at Lake Maracaibo. Involved in the September Plot against
Simón Bolívar, Padilla was sentenced to death and executed.
The flag of the institute is shown in the institute's Constitution (PEI) as horizontally divided white-blue.
White is a symbol of peace and heavens.
Blue is a symbol of the beauty of La Guajira peninsula, made of the
union of the sea and the sky.
However, the institute's emblem, also shown in the Constitution, features the flag as horizontally divided blue-white, Photos of the flag in actual use seems to indicate that the two versions are used.
Source: http://inealpaquimica.jimdo.com/app/download/2098277718/PEI_INEALPA.pdf?t=1290522412 - Institute's Constitution
Photos: http://inealpaquimica.jimdo.com/ and http://jairojimenez2005.jimdo.com/actualidad-inealpistas-2011/
Ivan Sache, 12 August 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 03 December 2014
Institución Educativa Alonso Carvajal Peralta was established, as Escuela
Normal Rural de Chitagá (Norte de Santander Department), by Legislative Decree
No. 200 of 20 June 1958. The school was renamed Colegio Nacional de Varones by
Decree no. 2,025 of 12 October 1971. Colegio Integrado Nacional de Varones was
established in 2002 as the merger of Colegio Nacional de Varones, Colegio
Departamental Integrado Nuestra Señora del Carmen, Escuela Urbana Ramón González
Valencia, Escuela Urbana Trino García Peña and Núcleo Escolar Agrícola.
Institución Educativa Alonso Carvajal Peralta was eventually established by
Decree No. 823 of 30 September 2002.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided green-white with a globe surrounded by a yellow ring in the middle. Green is a symbol of hope, natural environment, life and balance. White is a symbol of values, solidarity, tolerance, autonomy, responsibility, peace, purity, quality, transparency, sincerity and confidence. The yellow ring represents the mental resources, the Earth's resources and the shield of protection we should build around it.
Ivan Sache, 03 December 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 26 November 2014
Institución Educativa Álvaro Echeverry Perea is located in Cali (Valle
The flag of the institute is divided blue-green by a white descending
diagonal stripe. In the middle is placed the institute's emblem.
Source: http://alvaroecheverrysaludable.blogspot.fr/ - Institute's blog
Ivan Sache, 26 November 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 28 July 2018
Institución Educativa Politécnico Álvaro González Santana was
established in Sogomaso (Boyacá) in 1988 by Municipal Agreement No. 23,
ratified on 14 September 1090 by Agreement No. 9.
The school is named for Álvaro González Santana, lawyer and Professor of Economics at Lasalle Universidad, who was murdered on 4 May 1989 in front of Bogotá National Park. He was the father of judge Martha Lucía González, who had been "appointed" Consul of Colombia in Indonesia - that is, exiled - in September 1988, after she had required the arrest of the drug warlords Pablo Escobar and Gonzalo Rodríguez Gacha and of Fidel Castaño "Rambo", the chief of a a paramilitary unit. The judge found significant evidence of collusion between the drug barons, paramilitary groups, the official armed forces and state officials in the onset of the War Drug that had started on 4 March 1988, nine days before the municipal elections, when 20 farmers were murdered in Turbo (Antioquia).
El Espectador, 3 May 2014
The flag of IEP Álvaro González Santana is described in the school's Manual de Convivencia as follows:
The flag is composed of a blue rectangle bordered by a white rectangle. White symbolizes the purity in thinking and being of all members of the Lasallian community, taking as life's fundamental principle the truth that resides in God's plenitude. The blue background, the color of the heavens, symbolizes transcendence and God's residence, where we all shall go. The institute's coat of arms is placed in the center of the flag.
The coat of arms is surrounded by two concentric circles that symbolize the universality of knowledge and the unity we shall build as the children of the same Father. Inside, on a yellow background, are shown the initials of the institute's name, a tribute to the scholar and martyr Álvaro González Santana. The logo features the five-pointed Lasallian star, a symbol recognized worldwide since the 18th century by all members of the Lasallian community, as the star that guided the King Magi to the Gate of Bethlehem, where they met the Savior. The star is also a symbol, a guide and a light that guides the Lasallians to meet God and achieve their own salvation; a light that enlightens darkness; and a shining post in the dark sky that invites us every day to walk in faith, to live in fraternity, loving each other as brothers, most of all those in greatest demand, to make all of our acts and attitudes compliant with justice, and to live in a compromise with the unconditional commitment of Lasallians to a better work.
Manual de Convivencia
Ivan Sache, 28 July 2018
image by Ivan Sache, 27 September 2014
Institución Educativa Escuela Normal Superior Amagá is located in Amagá (Antioquia
The flag of the institute, designed by Luis Alberto Muñoz Pulgarín, Miriam Cecilia Rivera, and Blanca Rosa Gómez Acevedo, was adopted on 10 September 1974. The flag is diagonally divided white-green by a black descending diagonal stripe.
White is a symbol of honour and light.
Green is a symbol of forest resources and hope.
Black is a symbol of rigour, discipline, and carbon.
Source: http://normalamaga.edu.co/simbolos_institucionales.html - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 27 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 19 September 2014
"Institución Educativa Agroecológico Amazónico"
was created in the village of La Niña, Municipality of El
Paujil, Department of Caquetá, on 3 December 2003 (Decree No.
603), through the merging of "Concentración John F.
Kennedy", "Colegio San Luis Gonzaga" and
"Collegio Agroecológico Amazónico" (founded on 4
December 1995, Decree No. 1003).
The flag of the institute, as shown graphically on the website of the institute, is horizontally divided green-white-blue (1:2:1).
Ivan Sache, 30 January 2009
The updated version of the institute's website shows the flag with equal
However, photos of the flag in actual use seem to indicate that the white stripe is slightly broader than the other ones [but not as broad as on the image previously reported].
Ivan Sache, 19 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 25 September 2014
Institución Educativa Agroecológico Amazónico Buinaima is located in
Florencia (Caquetá Department).
The flag of the institute, designed by Rosa Elena Murcia Musse, is of dimension 1.80 m x 1. 20 m. The flag is white with two forest green right-angled triangles placed at the bottom, and the institute's emblem in the middle. White is a symbol of social peace and institutional transparency. Forest green is a symbol of ecology and Amazonian exuberance.
The emblem of the institute is circular, as a symbol of unity and holiness, representing the institute's vision for Amazonian ecology. The name of the institute is written on the ring limiting the emblem. The emblem features a schematized palm tree, as a symbol of Amazonia, the world's lung, whose foliage is made of an open book ending with leaves at each end. The book is printed with the "institutional vision" on the left page and with the "mission" on the right page. The shoot of the palm tree is made of the coloured initials of the name of the institute, with the following meaning:
- "I", for "Institución", yellow, as a symbol of intelligence and knowledge;
- "E", for "Educativa", blue, as a symbol of ecological topics: the water and the atmosphere of Amazonia;
- "A", for "Agroecológico Amazónico", forest green, as a symbol of the Amazonian forest;
- "B", for "Buinaima", coffee brown, as a symbol of the soil, a central component of any ecological relation.
Beneath the palm tree, the word "BUINAIMA" forms small roots, in contact with a coffee brown sector, as a symbol of the soil in which stands the palm tree and which supports the Amazonian exuberance. The palm is ensigned with a rising sun, as a symbol of light, science, and, specifically, life in all its components, whose relations are the object of ecological studies.
Source: http://institucioneducativabuinaima.jimdo.com/ - Institute's website
Ivan Sache, 25 September 2014
image by Ivan Sache, 22 March 2019
Regional School of the American Community of Anti-Drug Intelligence (Escuela
Regional de la Comunidad Americana de Inteligencia Antidrogas - ERCAIAD) is
located in borough Fátima, Bogotá. ERCAIAD is commissioned to execute the
proposals and compromises prescribed in the memorandum signed on 21 March 2012
by the Organization of American States and the Government of Colombia.
The flag of ERCAIAD is blue with the school's logotype in the center. The logotype of ERCAIAD is shaped like a circular seal surrounded by two golden circles. The border is inscribed with the school's full name, the acronym "ERCAIAD" being inscribed in the lower part in bolder letters. In the center is featured the Earth, blue and green, showing in full North, Central and South America. On the left side, an oil lamp represents enlightenment, as a symbol of knowledge and intelligence; on the right side is placed the coat of arms of the Organization of American States.
Ivan Sache, 22 March 2019
image by Ivan Sache, 12 October 2018
Colegio Superior Americano (CSA) is located in borough Las Américas, Bogotá.
The flag of CSA is horizontally divided yellow-white-green. Yellow represents abundance, spiritual resources and human touch. White represents peace, harmony, tranquility and purity. Green represents hope.
Ivan Sache, 12 October 2018
image by Randy Young, 07 February 2016
"The Fundación Universidad de América was established as Escuela de
Arquitectura (School of Architecture) in 1956. It is a private, nonsectarian,
coeducational research university located in
Sources: http://www.uamerica.edu.co/la-universidad/historia/ and https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universidad_de_Am%C3%A9rica
For additional information go to: Universidad de América (official websites)
Its flag is a horizontal flag equally divided int two stripes, the top part being yellow and the bottom gree, with the logo in the middle, as seen here and here.
Esteban Rivera, 07 February 2016
image by Ivan Sache, 28 March 2016
Colegio Superior Americano is based in Bogotá.
The flag of the institute is horizontally divided yellow-white-green. Yellow is a symbol of abundance, and of spiritual and academic resources. White is a symbol of peace, harmony, tranquillity and purity. Green is a symbol of hope.
Source: Institute website
Ivan Sache, 28 March 2016
image by Jairo Alonso Méndez Méndez, 14 November 2004
Colegio Americano Menno (La Mesa, Cundinamarca).
Jairo Alonso Méndez Méndez, 14 November 2004