Last modified: 2021-08-26 by klaus-michael schneider
Keywords: cauca | piendamo |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
image by Dov Gutterman, 10 August 2008
The municipality of Piendamó is in Cauca Department.It was
founded on 13 August 1917.
The flag of Piendamó is vertically divided green-white-celeste.
Source: Municipal website.
Dov Gutterman and Felipe Carillo, 10 August 2008
Translated from municipal
website: "The flag of the municipality of Piendamó is
rectangular, made of three stripes of equal length, green, white
and sky blue, placed vertically. Green is placed at hoist,
followed by white and sky blue. Each vertical stripe has a
specific meaning. Green symbolizes hope and the vegetation of the
region; white symbolizes purity and peace for which we all
struggle in our municipality and in our country; sky blue
symbolizes our sky and the cloak that covers the patron saint of
our municipality, Our Lady of the Rosary."
The origin of the rosary has been attributed to a Marian apparition to Saint Dominic in 1208 in the church of Prouille, the first Dominican convent, founded in Languedoc in 1206/1207. More details on the rosary at wikipedia.
Ivan Sache, 26 August 2008
image from Municipal website