Last modified: 2012-01-06 by rob raeside
Keywords: st. stephen | new brunswick |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
The flag of the Town of St. Stephen, New Brunswick, is blue with gold and
black application of town seal on it.
"Our crest and Town flag are taken from our corporate seal adopted after the amalgamation in 1973 of the Towns of Milltown and St. Stephen, now known as St. Stephen. The anchor was the centerpiece of the original St. Stephen seal, representing our shipping and ship building past; the softwood tree was superimposed on the original, representative of the ties that Milltown had to the lumbering industry. The rope on the circumference ties us together in a nautical manner. The date 1871 is the original date of incorporation of the old Town of St. Stephen."
Photo of the flag, image of the seal and information thanks to Joan M. Flewelling, Assistant Clerk, Town of St. Stephen
About the town:
"St. Stephen (2006 population: 4,780) is a Canadian town in Charlotte County, New Brunswick. The town is situated on the east bank of the St. Croix River ." - from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Stephen,_New_Brunswick
Official website: http://www.town.ststephen.nb.ca
Valentin Poposki, 31 August 2010